Our captain was very knowledgeable, communication with the agency very easy. An unforgettable experience. Highly recommended.
Sand Dollar Wedding Package
Ceremony & Reception Planning
Celebrate your dream wedding in the beautiful Exuma Cays! The Sand Dollar wedding package is for those who want a more all-inclusive option. From ceremony planning to arranging your reception, we’ll take care of it all. All of our packages are customizable, so let us know what you’re looking for. We’re here to make your dream wedding a reality.
How Does It Work?
We’ll start the process by asking you to fill out our online form where you can give us the details for your dream wedding. Please take a moment to read over our terms and conditions while doing so, so that you are familiar with the wedding planning process. After you’ve filled out the form, schedule your free consultation with us to discuss the necessary details for creating your unique and memorable experience. Once you’ve made the deposit to reserve your date, we’ll officially start planning your big day!
Click the tabs to find out more
Overview of This Package
Starting at $6,575
Available in Exuma Cays locations such as:
- EMBRACE Resort Pool, Staniel Cay
- EMBRACE Resort Pond, Staniel Cay
- Mt. Olivet Church, Staniel Cay
- Pirate Trap Beach, Staniel Cay
- Private Beach, near Pig Island
- Private Villa, Staniel Cay
- Sandbar, Exuma Cays (must time it for the tide)
- Your rental home in Staniel Cay
If you have another location in mind, please let us know! We will see if it’s available.
Anywhere from 2 to 500 guests
- Arranging and booking accommodations
- Arranging the reception
- Decorations and bouquet
- Makeup application and hairstyling
- Minister or justice of the peace (including transportation)
- Photography with wedding album
- Transportation to and from the ceremony
- Wedding cake (three tiers)
The cost of the following items:
- Entertainment at the reception
- Food and beverage
- Venue (if applicable)
One dedicated wedding planner
A La Carte Services Offered
- Arbor/wedding arch rental
- Arranging and booking accommodations
- Assistance with the preparation of documents
- Beach BBQ
- Boating transportation (if the wedding is on another island)
- Bridal bouquet
- Chair covers and sashes
- Complete catering service
- Coordination of excursions for attendees
- Customized items
- Decoration of honeymoon suite
- Destination weddings
- Disc jockeys
- Flight assistance
- Full set-up and breakdown services
- Hair styling
- Honeymoon planning and arrangements
- Makeup services
- Minister to conduct the wedding ceremony
- On-island transportation (for weddings on Staniel Cay)
- Printed programs and decorations
- Private chef
- Rehearsal dinner
- Table and chair rentals
- Tent rental
- Traditional steel pan band
- Vendor scouting and management
- Wedding cake
- Wedding decorations
- Wedding photography
- Welcome/farewell dinner
Our Complete Catering Services Include
- Buffet-style or served meal
- Menu development and advice
- Menu and program design
- Table settings
All of these services are available at an additional cost depending on your chosen package option or can be mixed and matched to suit your needs for your big day. Need an additional service which is not listed? Simply contact us, and we’ll let you know if we can accommodate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a license to get married in the Bahamas?
Yes. A Bahamian marriage license is required for anyone planning on getting married in the Bahamas. You may opt to be married in your home country before arrival, and we can perform a wedding blessing/ceremony in the Bahamas for you.
Can I use my marriage license from my country?
You may opt to be married in your home country before arrival, and we can perform a wedding blessing/ceremony in the Bahamas for you rather than a legal wedding. This option is for those who want to avoid the legalities of getting married in the Bahamas but would like to enjoy the beauty of the Bahamas to host a ceremony for themselves and their loved ones.
Will a marriage license from the Bahamas be legal in my country?
Yes. The marriage license is a legal document issued by the government of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas and is therefore a legal document accepted by other countries.
Can I get married the same day as I arrive in the Bahamas?
No. Both parties must be in the Bahamas for at least one day prior to filing an application for a marriage license.
Can my pastor perform the wedding ceremony?
Your pastor may assist the local pastor with the wedding ceremony, but they cannot perform it alone.
Have more questions? Feel free to ask Nikki!
What to Know About Getting Married in the Bahamas
- Both parties must be in the Bahamas at the time of the application.
- The Bahamas Law states that the couple must be resident in the Bahamas for 24 hours prior to the date of the application. A Bahamian-issued marriage license is valid for 90 days for those seeking early application. You can write the Registrar General prior to your arrival at: P.O. Box H-5553, Nassau, Bahamas, or fax to 242-322-5553.
- If either party is a minor (a person under 18 years of age), parental consent is required. Forms of consent may be obtained from the Registrar General’s office.
- If either party has been divorced, the original final decree or a certified copy (with a raised or colored seal) must be produced. For European residents, the original decree or a certified copy (with a raised or colored seal) must be produced in the native language along with a translated certified or notarized copy in English.
- If either party is widowed, the death certificate of the deceased spouse must be produced.
- If either party is unmarried, for a citizen or resident of the U.S.A., a declaration certifying this fact must be sworn before a U.S. Consul at the American Embassy, Nassau, Bahamas, for a fee of $55 (effective February 1st, 1998), or a Bahamian notary public. (Please note, the U.S. Embassy is closed on American and Bahamian holidays.)
- If either party is unmarried and is a citizen or resident of a country other than the U.S.A., a declaration certifying this fact must be sworn before a notary public or other person authorized to administer oaths in that country and must accompany the application for the marriage license. The said declaration may also be obtained at a notary public in Nassau.
- The parties must produce some form of identification that has a photograph attached. The identification document must be issued by a government office in the country where the parties reside. A passport is required for persons who are residents of a Commonwealth country.
- The parties must produce evidence of the date of their arrival in The Islands of the Bahamas (i.e., airline ticket, immigration card).
- Persons desirous of being married on a Family Island (any island outside of New Providence or Grand Bahama) can obtain a marriage license at the commissioner’s office on that Island and need not come to New Providence or Grand Bahama. Initial inquiries can be made at this office.
- No blood test is necessary.
- The fee for a marriage license is $100 and certified copies are $20 each.
Note: Marriage licenses are issued at the office of the Registrar General located in the Rodney Bain Building on Parliament and Shirley Street in Nassau, which is open to the public Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM. (Closed on weekends and Bahamian public holidays.)
On the Out Islands, visit the local commissioner’s office to obtain a marriage license.
Proof of Residence
The Registrar General shall be entitled to insist upon proof of residency as he/she deems necessary.
Copy of Marriage Certificate
For couples from European countries that may also require a copy of the marriage certificate; this can be obtained after the ceremony once the couple makes an application at the Registrar General’s office in Nassau. The process takes seven to ten days.